Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 17 20 HOUR true
Mayfield, KY 42051 US
2023-05-01 2023-06-30 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Technician Job Number: AB8694725322 Compensation: $17-20 / hour
Location: Mayfield, KY
Hourly Rate: $18-20/hr + shift differential
Overview: Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire, benefits from day 1, and almost 100% coverage! 11 holidays, 2 weeks vacation, 401K, etc.
3rd shift, 8PM - 6:30AM, Sunday - Thursday with possible OT Friday & Saturday
Perform welding operations on locomotive assembly, using text routings, visual work instructions, and blueprints.
- Weld heavy plate and sheet metal
- Perform single-pass and multi-pass welds in all positions
- Fit and weld material to specification
- Use welding-related gauges
- Repair welds (use grinders, cutting torches, gouging equipment and other tools)
- All position welding in the above processes
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and weld symbols
- Familiar with use of industrial equipment (gas cutting, hand grinders, mechanical tools)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information