Vernon Hills, IL 60061 US
- Will work closely with the management team onsite.
- Provides technical input, solutions, and options on improving productivity/efficiencies and product quality relating to shipping and receiving activities.
- Directly supervises and trains the warehouse coordinators, shift leads, and shift forklift operators to ensure a skilled workforce.
- Administers all plant rules, programs, and procedures that apply to hourly employees.
- Maintains standards of quality to meet customer and internal specifications.
- Strives for continuous improvement in quality performance through proper training, good communication, effective leadership/supervision, and follow-up with all members of the shift.
- Maintains safe working conditions throughout the plant by taking corrective action on unsafe conditions or acts.
- Implements all approved safety recommendations, and ensures compliance with established safety standards, including forklift certification, hearing conservation, and other programs required by law and/or management.
- Responsible for overseeing forklift lease and repair maintenance program.
- Conducts monthly safety meetings with shift.
- Effectively handles employee complaints, suggestions, questions, and conflicts in accordance with the guidelines established in the
- Employee Handbook and in accordance with company policies/procedures.
- Assists in the review of labor and materials costs as they relate to operations.
- Analyzes, pursues, and recommends methods for reducing these costs.
- Coordinates the implementation of any approved material or method changes.
- Schedules delivery of supplies for the production area to include preforms, tier sheets, top frames, pallets, boxes, and labels as necessary through Forklift Drivers.
- Maintains inventory of these supplies based on projected usage and informs Materials Manager of what is necessary to order.\
- Maintains accurate reports of all daily shipments of finished goods to customers and freight bills of lading.
- Communicates with vendors and negotiates maintenance cost to ensure equipment is safe and in working order at the most cost-effective rates.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the Production Manager, Operations Manager, and/or Plant Manager.
- Minimum of two years of college (Associate’s or Trade School degree). Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Warehouse operations.
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory warehouse position, preferably in manufacturing.
- Must be able to communicate quickly and effectively with all members of the shift as well as with management, customers, and vendors.
- Must be capable of managing and training all members of the shift on an on-going basis.