Tool & Die Maker and Repair
Skokie, IL 60076 US
Title: Tool & Die Maker and Repair
Location: Skokie, IL
Hire Type: Direct hire
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
- Knowledge of stamping dies, tooling and die components
- Ability to recognize tooling problems
- Knowledge of measuring instruments
- Able to read and understand press cards, procedures, work instructions, safety rules and warning signs
- Computer skills
- Ability to work independently
- Tool and Die Certification
- 5 years of stamping tool experience
- Excellent safety record
- Molding experience
- Competitive pay rates based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Safety, and other benefits available day one
- Paid vacation, floating holidays, and paid sick time
- 401K with company match
- Premiums for 2nd & 3rd shifts
- Safety first and people-oriented company culture
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work for any US employer
- Physically able to stand, climb, kneel, bend, lift up to 40lbs, and manipulate objects
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information
Meet Your Recruiter
Ashley Schmitt is a dedicated and experienced Senior Recruiting Team Lead passionate about empowering individuals through career opportunities. With an impressive track record of 8 years at Sterling, she has significantly impacted the organization's talent acquisition and development strategies.
With a remarkable 12-year career in the field of recruiting, Ashley has garnered a deep understanding of the industry's dynamics and trends. She has witnessed the ever-changing job market and thrived in guiding people through its complexities. For Ashley, the most rewarding aspect of recruitment is finding people roles that can genuinely improve their professional lives.
As a Senior Recruiting Team Lead, Ashley's leadership abilities shine through as she leads her team to excel in their roles. She believes in fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment where all team member's strengths are recognized and utilized to achieve collective success.
Advice for candidates from Ashley: “Reflect on your skill sets and what makes you happy, be realistic about your strengths and weaknesses. Strengthen your online presence and always be networking!”