Tool & Die Maker
Fort Payne, AL 35968 US
- Analyze blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions, tolerances, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Use precise measurements, markings, and scribing to establish dimensions and reference points on materials for machining guidance.
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on various machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Set and adjust machine controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or input computerized machine control media.
- Monitor machine operations for malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, making adjustments as needed.
- Ensure the finished workpiece conforms to specifications.
- Conduct trial runs to validate machine settings or programmed control data.
- Assemble and fit parts to create complete assemblies.
- Verify dimensions and alignment within the assembly.
- Install machined replacement parts into mechanisms, machines, and equipment, testing for functionality and performance.
- Operate welding equipment for cutting or welding parts.
- Develop specifications from general descriptions and create sketches of parts or products to be fabricated.
- Collaborate with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly issues.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years of technical experience.
- Advanced ability to read blueprints, work orders, and proficiency in using various measuring instruments.
- Certification for these skills provided through in-house training.
- Competence in working from written or verbal instructions.
- Experience with MIETRAK is a plus.
- Strong team-oriented mindset.
- Proficiency in reading prints (CAD knowledge is a plus).
- Ability to utilize all related hardware and software.