Test Engineering Technician
Round Lake, IL 60073 US
Location: Round Lake, IL
- Responsible for performing a wide variety of research and development laboratory tasks and experiments involving manufactured medical lab equipment.
- Make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results.
- Maintain medical device laboratory equipment and inventory levels for laboratory supplies.
- May write experimental reports, summaries, and protocols.
- May also develop and maintain record keeping for experiment performed.
- Perform limited troubleshooting and calibration of instruments.
- Will be assigned routine assembly and testing portions of projects (e.g. product performance and software script testing).
- Associate’s Degree in a mechanical or electrical field is preferred.
- 1-2 years of hands-on mechanical and/or electrical experience is strongly preferred. Will consider engineering graduates with relevant internship experience.
- Experience using basic testing equipment such as scopes and meters, etc.
- Ability to understand technical schematics and specifications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are necessary for technical documentation and reporting.
- Strong computer skills with word processing, data entry, e-mail, and statistical tools.
- Basic science and math skills.