Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 80000 100000 YEAR true
Elmhurst, IL 60126 US
2023-04-28 2023-06-30 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Other Professional Job Number: Hd516780418 Compensation: $80000-100000 / year
Title: Test Engineer 3
Location: Elmhurst, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- The successful candidate will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and executing test plans on hardware and software of products. Additionally, this role will work closely with our Agile scrum teams, regulatory engineers, and other departments to develop test procedures, strategies, and automation initiatives. The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of the principles of reliability testing and experience with UL agency-type testing.
- Create, maintain, and execute test plans on hardware and software of products.
- Analyze and communicate test results, estimate test effort, track defects, and participate in gauge R&R studies.
- Attend design reviews, participate as a key core team member on new product development teams, productivity and sustaining projects, and day-to-day Agile scrum activities.
- Set up and conduct test plans for UL agency-type testing with regulatory engineers.
- Prepare and review test reports for projects and assist other TEs with their projects.
- Direct the operation of a variety of computer automated and manual test equipment including data acquisition systems, environmental chambers, RF chambers, acoustics chambers, EMC test equipment, electrical test instrumentation, vibration systems, and assorted measurement transducers.
- Evaluate the results of EMC testing of RF emissions, RF sensitivity, radiated and conducted immunity, and RF electrical safety evaluation.
- Participate in defect analysis, root cause analysis, study product functionality impact, and provide key insight of observed product performance and defects.
- Work with Manager to establish new test procedures, testing methodologies, and provide input for custom test fixture design and automation projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and minimum of three (3) years of job-related experience strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of job-related experience with Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.