Title: Technical Writer
Location: Pleaseant Prairie, WI
Hire Type: Contract
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
The Technical Writer will develop operating procedures, maintenance procedures, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily. They will also develop, gather and provide technical information to customers, designers and production. The candidate will obtain process specific training and follow the plant’s requirements with respect to format, order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology, and participate in verification and validation of procedure usability in the field. The candidate will take direction from the Project Engineering Manager. The job will require the candidate to interface with Subject Matter Experts (SME's) as necessary during all phases of new or revised procedure development. The candidate will be expected to use advanced questioning and circular reasoning techniques to gather the information needed to generate procedure documents. The candidate will be responsible to develop documents that ensure the safe operation of equipment, procedure flow and workability, and adherence to regulatory requirements and writers guidelines. Advanced level writing skills and strong vocabulary and grammar is critical to the success of this position.
- Responsible for the creation, writing and/or editing of operating procedures, product specifications, maintenance procedures, manufacturing work instructions and other supporting documents.
- Manage technical writing projects and communicate project updates to key team members within a timely fashion.
- Works very closely with Operations and Engineering.
- Bachelors’ Degree required
- Area of study in Technical Writing or Communications preferred
- Must have the potential to grasp and communicate technology (verbal and written) to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Desire to learn (via hands-on) that will allow for the creation of high quality, easy to understand, and technically descriptive documents
- Talent in communicating ideas graphically and in diagrams
- Ability to work with direct supervision, autonomously and/or in teams.
- Highly organized and the ability to keep a schedule in a dynamic work environment.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.