Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 80000 85000 YEAR true
Technical Manager (webster Texas)
Webster, TX 77058 US
2023-05-30 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Quality Engineering Job Number: Dj356954524 Compensation: $80000-85000 / year
Job Title: Manager, Technical
Reports To: Manager, Operations
Position Location: Webster, TX
FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Exempt
This is a working manager role that will provide hands-on engineering and technical support in coordination with the Quality team. Develops and implements policies and procedures ensuring compliance to ISO17025 and ISO17034 as well as accepted metrology sciences and practices. Develops, implements and monitors job site efficiencies, uncertainty budgets, customer satisfaction, the technical aspect of the quality system, and NIST traceability. Develops and evaluates calibration procedures that measure characteristics of objects, substances, or phenomena, such as temperature, time, humidity, mechanical, light, pH/conductivity and other dered units of physical or chemical measures.
- Provide leadership for the Technical/Quality Control Program to ensure all products, raw materials, processes, and services meet the Company’s exceptionally high-quality standards
- Leads and maintains all ISO certification plans for the business unit.
- Management and execution of the ISO 17025/ISO 17034 proficiency test program
- Implementation and training of new and current calibration processes and creation and maintenance of process procedure documents
- Provide problem-solving assistance in daily calibration activities
- Management of calibration standards traceability tracking and recalibration services
- Calculation and maintenance of measurement uncertainties for all calibration processes
- Review and approval of custom calibration requests
- Audit preparation and execution for all quality audits
- Validate stability testing of pH and conductivity solutions
- Work with the Quality team to maintain documentation and revision level of quality documentation for all products or services
- Work with the manufacturing team and with Product Development to create product specific quality processes for all new products
- Assist regular quality meetings with the leadership team and other key stakeholders
- Perform problem-solving tests to develop corrective actions for quality issues and to facilitate continuous improvement using Lean, DMAIC and Kaizen methodologies
- Assist in evaluation of potential calibration standards and equipment for suitability and efficacy in enhancing measurement and operational quality
- Drives the development of new calibration methodologies including initial research, evaluation and validation of method and transfer of knowledge to other technicians
- Assists customers in traceability or procedural questions; resolves technical contract issues
- Utilize analysis tools such as DOE, Pareto, and 8D to improve quality levels
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning institution, preferably in a Quality or Engineering related field.
- 5+ years’ prior relevant experience
- Experience working in ISO, ISO internal auditor or ISO implementation experience required, must be familiar with either ISO9001, ISO17025 and/or ISO17034
- Hands-on approach to troubleshoot and resolve quality related issues
- Detail and Quality focused with strong organization, persuasion and negotiation skills
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from various levels within the organization
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Some travel required.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, efficiently works under pressure, within deadlines or other time essential constraints
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly and concisely communicate to all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic and an ability to excel within a rapidly changing and growing organization
- Preferred - Holds Quality certifications in one or more of the following: ASQ/CQE, CMQ/OE, Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt), or TQM
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.