Technical Customer Service Rep
Kenosha, WI 53142 US
Sterling Engineering is a staffing/engineering company that specializes in placing top talent across the U.S. We have recently partnered with a client in the manufacturing space on bringing in a Customer Service Specialist.
- Type of Role: Direct Hire, Onsite.
- Salaried: 45-60k
- Location: Near Kenosha
- Well rounded manufacturer, GREAT culture and training
About The Role:
- Responsible for troubleshooting issues with customers, distributors and service technicians.
- Will use provided troubleshooting guides, bulletins and other information to assist this function.
- Will use provided blue prints and electrical schematics to find a correct and quick solution to the issue.
- Work with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction and service
- Assist sales department with technical questions and requests in a prompt and professional manner.
- Work to help gather field information.
- Assist any other department to help assure customer satisfaction.
- Receives and processes warranty claims and questions.
- Troubleshoots problems with customers, distributors and service contacts to solve problems quickly and correctly.
What We Need?
- At least 3 years of customer service in a technical support/manufacturing type setting
- Someone who is able to be on-site Mon-Fri
- A good communicator AND problem solver
Meet Your Recruiter
Erik Butzen is a skilled and compassionate Senior Recruiter passionate about empowering individuals to advance in their careers. With two years of dedicated service at Sterling, Erik has already significantly impacted the organization's talent acquisition efforts.
Having honed his expertise over five years in the field of recruiting, Erik possesses a deep understanding of the industry's intricacies. His journey began with the desire to assist individuals in finding opportunities that would propel their professional growth forward.
As a Senior Recruiter, Erik takes great pride in his ability to help people make meaningful advancements in their careers. Whether it's guiding a candidate through the interview process, providing valuable insights into the job market, or matching the right talent with the perfect role, Erik is committed to positively impacting the lives of those he interacts with.
One of Erik's most valuable pieces of advice to both hiring managers and fellow recruiters is to ask a lot of questions. Understanding the needs and expectations of both candidates and employers is essential to finding the best fit for both parties.