Job Title: Survey Field Party Chief
Location: Maryland/Washington DC/Virginia
Type: Contract to Hire
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Support the daily functions of the field survey crew(s).
· Thorough understanding of the project scope and support scheduling requirements.
· Download, compile, review and edit survey data according to the company’s standards and procedures
· Establish effective communication with the client, peers and crew members.
· Ability to recognize and instruct in case of injury or accident according to the company’s safety protocols
· Instruct all persons under his/her care with site specific dangers and can react immediately in case of injury or
accident to best resolve serious situations.
· Manage all aspects of a field survey crew including site logistics & planning, allocating survey supplies,
subordinate direction, and data acquisition.
· Keep Survey Coordinator and/or Project Manager aware of work load and requests work when needed.
· Although not the primary responsibility of this position, when needed, a Party Chief has the ability to perform the
responsibilities identified in the Senior Technician job description.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Duties are largely performed in a field setting.
· Must be able to work outdoors and on construction sites, exposed to outside environmental conditions –
extreme cold, extreme heat, noise, and atmospheric conditions.
· Must be able to work overtime and weekends to meet project demands.
· Position requires travel (up to 100%); valid driver’s license and acceptable DMV record required.
· The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach, talk and hear.
· Position requires long hours and physical ability to hike through a variety of terrains while carrying equipment of
approximately 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability
to adjust focus.
· Demonstrate the ability to perform all key qualifications of a Senior Technician.
· The ability to clearly and concisely communicate with office staff, about field conditions and/or site issues.
· The ability to perform and manage an array field survey tasks at the direction of the Survey Coordinator and in
accordance with the company’s standards and procedures
· The ability to understand the other parts within the Company that uses produced information to create an end
product, and how improvements in process can help improve end result.
· Excellent computer/internet skills and a thorough working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, Adobe, and
survey data download & editing tools.
· A basic understanding of CAD and the ability to review, edit & understand field survey data. · An understanding of survey theory and principles and how to apply them to an array of field tasks including boundary, topographic & vertical surveys. · A thorough understanding of survey maps and construction drawings and extrapolate data for use in the field. · The ability to make decisions and find alternative solutions to problems.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
· High School Diploma required.
· Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
· Ability to pass the Certified Survey Technician (CST) Level II certification exam and/or associates degree in and related field and 5-7 years of experience in field survey OR LSIT and 2-5 years of experience in field survey.
· Proven understanding of the management of field survey data.