Supply Chain Manager
Northlake, IL 60164 US
Title: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Northlake, IL ($95-115k)
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
The Supply Chain Manager provides leadership and direction in the areas of Scheduling/Planning, Procurement, Inventory and Materials Management, Warehousing, Traffic, Shipping & Receiving, and Purchasing. Plant Manager fulfills the duties of this role in case of a vacancy.
- Ensure raw materials and finished products are supplied to internal and external customers on a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with customers, both internally and externally, as well as the suppliers.
- Maintain a skilled and competent workforce focusing upon raw material efficiency, world class equipment utilization, delivery, quality (services), cost, and flexibility.
- Create and maintain purchasing system that provides annually increasing economic value.
- Manage the Supply Chain group to achieve the desired OTC (On Time Complete) metric using visual management systems, demand segmentation and other tools as necessary.
- Must foster a continuous improvement environment using lean principles such as Kanban/Pull Systems, 5s, demand segmentation, production wheels, etc.
- Motivate staff to accomplish common goals and continuously improve from current/past practices to result in cost reductions, process improvements, and higher customer satisfaction. • Responsible for overseeing food safety.
- Bachelors’ degree (B.A.) in Business Management, Engineering or Industrial Engineering from a four-year college or university
- 10 years progressive experience in Supply Chain, Materials Management, Logistics, Procurement or related field •
- APIC’s certification preferred and Lean experience strongly desired •
- Proficient in Microsoft office •
- Extensive ERP system experience preferred
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information