Supply Chain Leader (Loveland)
Loveland, CO 80538 US
Supply Chain Leader
Pay Range: $90-$100k Plus bonus
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our team as a Supply Chain Leader. Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain and functionally to the Site Operations Leader, this role holds a pivotal position in our organization, with comprehensive responsibility for the Purchasing functions of the Business Unit and site Operations.
As a key member of our Supply Chain team, the successful candidate will collaborate with other staff members to effectively execute the financial commitments of the business. The primary focus of this role will be to oversee the procurement of all purchased items, including Direct and Indirect Material, as well as Capital goods and equipment. This entails utilizing approved sources of supply, approving purchase orders, and supervising the purchasing process to ensure optimal price, delivery, and quality control.
- Develop and implement an approved Purchasing Management Plan aligned with the objectives of the Business Unit's Strategic Supply Chain Plan.
- Drive improvements in the Purchasing function to support our growth plan and customer go-to-market strategies. Enhance responsiveness to customers while reducing operating expenses and working capital.
- Devise site-specific inventory management strategies and programs to maximize inventory turns and provide consistent support to manufacturing.
- Collaborate with manufacturing and quality teams to facilitate outsourcing and in-sourcing activities.
- Ensure suppliers are held accountable for meeting continuous improvement initiatives, including lead time reduction, schedule flexibility, quality improvement, inventory reduction, and cost reduction.
- Direct Purchasing activities to procure parts, materials, supplies, and services at the lowest possible cost without compromising quality or quantity standards. Maintain accurate records.
- Coordinate with Production Operations to expedite the receipt of necessary items, ensuring prompt and reliable schedules and shipments to customers. Communicate status and significant delays to appropriate managers.
- Review and approve purchase requisitions and orders within signing authority limits. Approve invoices and resolve claims.
- Implement modern purchasing practices tailored to the site's needs, such as partnerships and vendor stocking programs, where economically appropriate.
- Manage departmental costs within approved operating budgets, effectively controlling manpower and expenses.
- Evaluate, approve, and recommend the annual capital expenditure budget for the purchasing department.
- Foster a professional atmosphere and uphold the highest ethical standards within the department.
- Perform assigned duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline is required; MBA preferred. CPM or CPIM Certification is a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience in purchasing fabricated, machined components, and assemblies, with supervisory experience. Proficiency in machining processes is advantageous.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize and balance multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Proven track record of solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to convey information effectively in various mediums.
- Drive for Results: Consistently exceeds goals, driven by a bottom-line orientation and a commitment to exceptional performance.
- Customer Focus: Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, building effective relationships based on trust and respect.
- Problem Solving: Utilizes rigorous logic and methods to solve complex problems, displaying analytical excellence and the ability to uncover hidden issues and generate effective solutions.
- Conflict Management: Embraces conflicts as opportunities, demonstrating quick situational understanding, active listening skills, and the ability to facilitate fair agreements and resolutions.
Join our dynamic team and contribute to our success as we strive for excellence in the field of Supply Chain. Apply now and become an integral part of our organization's growth and achievements.