Supplier Quality Engineer
Bolingbrook, IL 60440 US
Location: Bolingbrook IL
- Measure success through project completion and supplier quality metrics.
- Actively lead and advocate for quality improvement initiatives both internally and within the supply base.
- Manage non-conformance and supplier corrective action reports as needed.
- Lead Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) efforts internally and with suppliers.
- Take ownership of advanced product quality planning, removing roadblocks, and ensuring successful project launches within the supply base.
- Collaborate closely with Procurement and Engineering to establish Quality Plans and PPAP requirements for the entire product lifecycle.
- Monitor and enhance supplier quality metrics, including PPAP results, supplier scorecards, Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR), supplier audits, and Statistical Process Control (SPC) processes.
- Conduct ISO 9001-based audits at suppliers, audit supplier corrective action results, and improve supplier evaluation and approval processes.
- Deliver supplier quality training at supplier or company facilities to meet specific quality expectations/requirements.
- Optimize process capability on critical characteristics at the supply base using statistical analysis techniques and effective problem-solving.
- Proactively engage with suppliers to minimize ongoing quality/performance issues.
- Review and make dispositions on supplier PPAPs to ensure compliance with organizational requirements.
- Travel domestically up to 50% of the year, with occasional international travel requiring visa or passport acquisition
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Material Science Engineering.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in supplier quality.
- Experience in electronics assembly, electrical equipment, semiconductor manufacturing, or related industries is advantageous.
- Proficiency in ETQ, JD Edwards software, or similar quality tools is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with FMEA, Control Plan, statistical process control, inspection techniques, root cause and failure analysis, capability studies, statistical distributions, machine and assembly processes, problem-solving, team facilitation, and geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Report writing experience in Microsoft Word™ and PowerPoint™, along with analysis skills using Minitab.
- ASQ Certification of Quality Engineer, Six Sigma Black Belt, or Lean Certification is advantageous.
- Familiarity with PPAP processes and tools.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 13485, IATF 16949, or AS9100 standards.
- Innovative problem-solving skills, with experience in 7 or 8-step/8D methodologies.
- Strong team-building and communication skills, capable of working with Manufacturing at all levels of the organization.