Substation Project Manager
Elmhurst, IL 60126 US
Job Title: Substation Project Manager
Location: Elmhurst, IL (Hybrid) Some local travel required
Job Type: Full time Contract To Hire
The Project Manager will manage, direct, and coordinate all aspects of work related to greenfield and brownfield projects at substations, switching stations and/or collector stations. The Project Manager will report directly to the Department Manager and is responsible for the profit and loss of individual projects, the successful completion of projects within specified dates, and establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with the Owner, subcontractors, regulatory agencies, and other project stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare proposals, assist in presentations, and participate in contract negotiations.
- Provide overall management of projects from concept to completion including siting, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, material management, construction management, and closeout.
- Serve as primary point of contact with client regarding efforts such as client coordination, strategic planning, master scope management, budget finances, subcontracting, project staffing, environmental compliance, facility support and schedule attainment.
- Manage all aspects of project communication
- Report regularly on progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring office support.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited curriculum.
- Minimum of 7 years of utility substation project experience
- At least 3 years related project management experience.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government, and public contracts on project-related matters.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information