Lenexa, KS 66219 US
Sterling Engineering has an exciting new opportunity for a Sr. Structural Engineer! This is a contract to hire, remote opportunity.
Location: REMOTE supporting office in Lenexa, KS
• Prepare designs for assigned structure(s) including research, selection of lateral force resisting system, analysis, and drawing preparation for electrical substations on power generation projects.
• Apply department and industry standards when preparing calculations, project drawings, and project specifications.
• Understand and meet or exceed the requirements of the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contract, customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs), professional service agreements, or other contractual requirements.
• Research new markets and adapt current process and workflows to successfully execute project deliverables.
• Coordinate with internal and external partners including cross-discipline, construction, vendors, fabricator(s), and owners to address structural-related issues or concerns.
• Prepare, monitor, and update project plans, schedules, and budgets (including staffing needs) to project management and department management.
• Support department managers in achieving performance goals for the department.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Structural or Architectural engineering program from an ABET-accredited four-year program
• At least three years of experience in structural engineering and design.
• Experience in the power industry or industrial markets is preferred.
• Functional in utilizing spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and computer operations.
• Knowledgeable in engineering software. SAP2000, SAFE, and Mathcad are preferred.
• General knowledge of engineering standards including ASCE 7, ACI 318, AISC 360, and IBC.
• Licensed Professional Engineer preferred
• Candidate with Engineer In Training certificate, or equivalent, and relevant experience will be considered
• Legally able to work in the United States for any length of time
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, fluent in the English language