Sr. Project Manager
Houston, TX 77001 US
· Provides management and daily leadership for Faithful+Gould project team.
· Provides primary daily point of contact to client, contractors and consultants at project level.
· Creates and executes project execution plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
· Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and Faithful+Gould scope of services.
· Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
· Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
· Prepares for project reviews and quality assurance procedures.
· Minimizes Faithful+Gould's exposure and risk on project.
· Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
· Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
· Supports manager in providing regular forecast and expense updates to project budget.
· Supports manager in determining appropriate revenue recognition, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing, and monitoring project receivables.
· Supports the manager in monitoring and addressing all project billing issues and anomalies, both internal and external.
· Manages and reviews consultant invoices on behalf of the client.
· Follows up with clients and consultants, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
· Supports the manager in developing project accounting forecasts and summaries.
· Reviews the Project Status Report (PSR) and general financial reporting required to generate client cost reports.
· Supports the manager in forecasting revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization.
· Effectively pursues the execution and filing of project legal documents.
· Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
· Complexity - Work involves conventional practice but may include a variety of complex features.
· Decision-making - Most assignments are performed solitarily. Makes decisions on technical problems and methods. Receives approval on proposed plans for projects and general direction as to results expected or on unusual problems.
· Work direction given to others - Has direct supervisory responsibilities for direct reports, and indirect supervisory responsibilities related to the professional and practice related development of other project staff.
What will you contribute?
· Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field, plus four years relevant experience.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) [certified by the Project Management Institute (PMI) Global Accreditation Centre (GAC)] and/or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) [certified by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI), an independent administrative body of the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)] highly desirable.
· Must possess a thorough understanding of Project Management, Building Design & Construction, Critical Path Method (CPM) Scheduling, Building Cost Modeling and Risk Analysis. Should have a general understanding of Primavera, Expedition/Prolog or similar, and Faithful+Gould proprietary Epoch and CATO software.
· Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
· Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.