Sr. Project Engineer
Milwaukee, WI 53209 US
Title: Sr. Project Engineer
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Hire Type: Direct hire
Manage large, industrial automation projects from start to finish.
- Obtain project design hours and delivery milestone date objectives that are established for each project assigned, while designing a reliable and efficient machine at the lowest cost.
- Assist the project manager (PM) in the design concept review meeting to discuss the customer-supplied machine specification requirements and innovative, cost-effective and time-saving machine design concepts to satisfy their needs.
- Responsible to structure and breakdown the design effort for large projects into manageable design tasks and then oversee in-house designers/outside design houses. Clearly communicate the design task scope, establish task design hours budget target for completion, establish a milestone schedule with clear completion deadlines and then regularly monitor progress.
- Submit a detailed mechanical design schedule to the PM for each project to assist the PM in completing a project schedule within one week of project kick-off. All stations, all design tasks, design resources required, etc. must be provided to the PM to support the detailed information required per the standard project schedule template.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager to have mechanical designers assigned to your design tasks. Work with and supervise the mechanical designers to efficiently complete design tasks relative to the overall project schedule milestones established for the project.
- Apply sound design practice to the development of hydraulic and pneumatic components to meet the design requirement of the machine design. Coordinate with the lead controls engineer or control project engineer assigned to the project so the correct electrical components (i.e., hydraulic cylinders & valves, pneumatic cylinders & valves, etc.) are ordered to meet the mechanical engineering design requirements of the machine. Identify hard-to-reach areas and potential problems relating to accessibility for part location proximity switches, safety pinch point areas, etc.
- Communicate and document regularly to the PM and/or Engineering Manager the following project status, design completion dates, design problems or challenges, customer approval requirements, cycle time concerns, customers part issues or discrepancies, or any issues that may impact the success of the project.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of Automation industry experince
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information