Sr. Product Development Engineer
Mequon, WI 53022 US
- Format and set up standardized panel and control box layouts.
- Collaborate with internal or external sources for software development.
- Coordinate efforts within engineering and other departments to drive new product offerings and improvements to completion.
- Maintain and define features and specifications for end-to-end systems.
- Define specifications for major components such as gateways, cloud functions, and interfaces using Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular technologies.
- Coordinate development projects with internal and external sources.
- Coordinate the development of networked components and cloud-based control systems.
- Manage Testing (lab, field, and regulatory):
- Define and maintain test plans and results.
- Coordinate testing to meet regulatory requirements.
- Manage and coordinate field testing and installation of electrical controls and/or connected systems.
- Collect, log, and analyze test data and feedback.
- Coordinate and define manufacturing testing processes for electrical controls.
- Test and troubleshoot electrical controls and systems.
- Learn and understand embedded software programming, particularly C programming.
- Research and prototype new technologies that support the product portfolio.
- Assist in developing project schedules and timelines for new product development.
- Maintain engineering technical quality through design and peer reviews, SFMEA, DFMEA, and other quality tools.
- Participate in failure analysis and problem-solving activities.
- Write technical documentation such as specifications and test reports to support project deliverables.
- Process Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) for product releases and improvements.
- Maintain confidentiality to protect the company's reputation.
- Foster a positive workplace culture aligned with the company's mission, vision, and values.
- Stay updated on professional and technical knowledge through training, classes, and networking.
- Contribute to the team by performing assigned duties and tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Software or Electrical Engineering
- Strong computer/ programming --experience/ knowledge/ ability to learn embedded software i.e., C Programming, AWS Cloud Services, etc.
- Experience in industrial controls, hydraulic valving etc. is desirable
- Strong interpersonal, communication, team and organizational skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time including visits to other location and customer sites.
Meet Your Recruiter
Ally Boushley is a seasoned Technical Recruiter specializing in the Commercial Division, boasting a remarkable 8-year career in the dynamic realm of recruitment. Ally's passion for matchmaking candidates with the perfect roles and her knack for uncovering rare talents make her a respected figure in the talent acquisition landscape.
As a Technical Recruiter, Ally's profound understanding of industry intricacies within the Commercial Division allows her to excel in her craft. Her expertise bridges the gap between candidates and clients and positions her as a strategic partner in shaping their success stories.
Ally's true joy in recruiting comes from her ability to be a talent matchmaker. She revels in the thrill of finding elusive "purple squirrel" candidates with rare and exceptional skills that perfectly align with niche job requirements. Exploring new industries, discovering unique companies, and learning about diverse skill sets fuels her passion. For Ally, knowledge is power, and she actively seeks opportunities to expand her understanding of the ever-evolving recruitment landscape.
Her advice to job seekers is simple yet profound: Always take the interview. Ally understands that every interview holds the potential to lead to unexpected opportunities or connections that can positively change one's career trajectory. She encourages candidates to approach each interview as a valuable learning experience and a chance to meet influential individuals who may shape their future.