Sr. Power Electronics Engineer
Batavia, IL 60510 US
- Serve as a project leader in power supplies and electrical power, including helping to define and develop the schedule for a power supply and low voltage power system upgrade
- Plan and execute assigned electrical distribution projects within deadlines and budgets
- Lead electrical power distribution equipment purchases (transformers, cables, protection equipment, etc.) from requisition submittal to equipment installation, testing and commissioning
- Provide engineering support for the operation and maintenance of power distribution systems
- Monitor performance of the electrical system and recommend improvements
- Analyze system failures and suggest the appropriate resolution
- Review electrical installations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution with a minimum of 8 years of experience in electrical power systems or power distribution OR a Master Degree in Electrical Engineering and 6 years of experience in electrical power systems or power distribution
- Demonstrated ability to lean new concepts and ideas
- Knowledge and experience in high power thyristor or rectifier systems
- Knowledge and experience in low and medium voltage high power distribution
- Experience with test equipment for both switchgear and medium voltage power
- Knowledge and experience with NEC and NFPA70E and its application in low voltage systems
Meet Your Recruiter
Ashley Schmitt is a dedicated and experienced Senior Recruiting Team Lead passionate about empowering individuals through career opportunities. With an impressive track record of 8 years at Sterling, she has significantly impacted the organization's talent acquisition and development strategies.
With a remarkable 12-year career in the field of recruiting, Ashley has garnered a deep understanding of the industry's dynamics and trends. She has witnessed the ever-changing job market and thrived in guiding people through its complexities. For Ashley, the most rewarding aspect of recruitment is finding people roles that can genuinely improve their professional lives.
As a Senior Recruiting Team Lead, Ashley's leadership abilities shine through as she leads her team to excel in their roles. She believes in fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment where all team member's strengths are recognized and utilized to achieve collective success.
Advice for candidates from Ashley: “Reflect on your skill sets and what makes you happy, be realistic about your strengths and weaknesses. Strengthen your online presence and always be networking!”