Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 120000 145000 YEAR true
Sr. Manager of Operations
Aurora, IL 60504 US
2023-05-22 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Executive/ Management Job Number: Js56297510 Compensation: $120000-145000 / year
Title: Senior Operations Manager
Location: Aurora, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- Senior Operations Manager will be responsible for the daily operations of the Front End, which includes Picking, Weigh Stations, Dump Rooms, and Blending; and shall meet department goals in Safety, Quality, Customer Service, Cost Management, and Personnel Development. Senior Operations Manager will oversee a broad team of Production Supervisors and Hourly Associates, and works closely with other functional leaders, to deliver blended product for finished packaging. This leader will report to the Director of Operations.
- Manage day-to-day production activities of blended powder, ensuring smooth and efficient plant operation.
- Coordinate and optimize production schedules across shifts and departments to meet production goals and packaging compliance requirements.
- Contribute to the development of long-range business plans and oversee their implementation through supervision of production supervisors, team leads, and hourly associates.
- Prepare reports and records to document departmental activities and provide information to management.
- Ensure compliance with quality control programs to meet food safety and quality objectives, including process reliability, product quality, specifications, and consumer complaint reductions.
- Identify and implement process improvements, recommend equipment, materials, and tools to drive continuous improvement in safety, food safety, and Lean manufacturing criteria.
- Manage material flow through the operations processes and develop meaningful metrics and dashboards to drive desired departmental behaviors and results.
- Evaluate and fulfill staffing requirements for manufacturing work centers, providing guidance and support to supervisors and hourly associates.
- Monitor and enhance the training and development of production supervisors, ensuring their effectiveness and improving their management skills.
- Maintain a safety-focused work environment, ensure regulatory compliance, lead safety investigations, and implement accident prevention measures.
- Write and implement procedures and standard operating procedures (SOPs), collaborating with the training team to ensure compliance and training on work standards.
- Degree or equivalent experience: Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in food manufacturing preferred
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a Leadership role
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.