Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 57500 YEAR true
Sr. Lab Technician
Sturtevant, WI 53177 US
2023-03-09 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Technician Job Number: Ca56481238 Compensation: 57500
Title: Senior Lab Technician
Location: Sturtevant, WI
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire - $25-$30 per hour depending on experience
The Lead Lab Technician is responsible for all lab testing activities. This includes making sure incoming product is properly logged and evaluated, proper teams are notified, and works to make sure all requested testing is done in a timely manner.
• Manages the test schedule.
• Determines tooling required for testing based on product, target weight, other customer info.
• Sets up equipment for testing with proper tooling.
• Reviews test data and makes sure all information required is documented and completed.
• Determines additional tooling and parameters for additional testing when initial test data results do not meet customer desired results.
• Communicates and shares test information with applications and appropriate sales staff.
• Support checkout team members and assembly team with tooling and product related issues.
• Organize info on company network to ensure it is accessible and documented.
• Keeps lab clean and organized.
• Works with Pest Control vendor to make sure we have no bug infestations.
• Works with Lab Tech and Sales team to purge product and maintain product database.
• Observes all safety rules, applicable regulations, and relevant company standards/guidelines.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Some travel to customer sites to assist with product/tooling issues.
• Understands machine requirements and how the machine will interface with the customer’s equipment and needs
• Ability to be, or is, proficient in understanding how auger ad cup filler tooling is applied to the equipment for different types of products.
• Electro/Mechanical troubleshooting skills required for setting up and interfacing different test equipment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer interaction skills, both instructional and service support
• The ability to maintain calm under pressure
• Organized and efficient; able to prioritize multiple tasks & projects
• Computer literacy; type reports, results, and details of customer interaction
• Excellent judgement, creativity, and problem-solving skills
Education and Experience/Skills Required:
• High school degree or GED and a minimum of two to five years of field service technician/customer service experience
• Professional Licensing and/or Certifications Required: None Technology/Equipment Proficiencies Required:
• Working knowledge of the mechanical and electrical systems of packaging equipment (specifically filling equipment is highly desirable). Ability to work flexible schedule and limited travel as required.
Physical Demands Required: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or touch, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move from place to place. The employee will occasionally climb, balance, and reach above shoulders. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, color vision and depth perception. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items up to 70 lbs.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.