Sr. HR Generalist
Bloomingdale, IL 60108 US
- This position will assist with high level professional HR generalist activities such as full life cycle recruiting, employee relations, retention strategy, benefits and compensation, vendor relations, training, key HR project work and administration process support.
- Manages new employee screenings/background checks and maintains all employees’ personal records.
- Conducts new hire orientation and onboarding.
- Participates in internal investigations if needed and recommends corrective action. Leads reporting for company ethics hotline.
- Supports training and coaching of expat HR Coordinator.
- Oversees recruiting, testing, and selection process to fill vacant positions within time to fill goals.
- In partnership with FNA managers, maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Leads proactive employee relations and ensures all issues are handled professionally and empathetically.
- Work closely with the leadership team to provide coaching for all HR matters such as policy administration, training and development, and employee relations, etc.
- Coordinates company group benefit programs, such as life, health, dental insurance, 401K, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance (enrollments, terminations, COBRA).
- Generates and completes bi-weekly payroll reports and analyzes for accuracy.
- Keeps records of benefits plans. Schedules and coordinates open enrollment meetings.
- Supports annual company-wide 401K audit and assists in compliance activities, which includes compliance testing and 5500 filings.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university with five to seven years of experience in human resources.
- Manufacturing industry experience required
- Experience using an HRIS system (Paylocity required)