Hunt Valley, MD 21031 US
Sterling Engineering has an exciting new opportunity for a Sr. Utility Drafter! This is a long term contract offering full benefits, PTO, paid Holidays and a competitive salary!
Location: Hunt Valley, MD
Job Type: Long term contract to hire (long term career opportunity!)
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsibilities may include GPS survey, overhead/underground line locating, inspections, testing, and documentation of power distribution, gas distribution, ROW, compressors, and other related facilities
- Complete design task for associated utility design projects. Tasks include but are not limited to drafting, engineering calculations, easement validation; design/construction cost estimating & permit package development.
- Ability to review Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for update or conflict
- Coordinate projects for construction across multiple departments to accomplish timely construction and meet customer, crew member or client needs within a negotiated timeframe
- Designs will meet all requirements of applicable company safety standards, company distribution construction standards, and governing authority regulations Qualifications
- 2-3 years of general construction or utility experience preferred
- High School Diploma required. Technical certificate in drafting or other technical skill preferred.
- Basic design skills, AutoCAD or MicroStation knowledge preferred
- Detail and quality oriented. Must be comfortable reading and interpreting technical documentation including blue prints, construction specifications and other items.
- Must have own vehicle and ability to travel if required.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.