Sr. Design Engineer
Washington DC/Baltimore, MD 20707 US
Title: Sr. Design Engineer (HYBRID)
Location: Baltimore/ Washington DC
Hire Type: Contact to hire
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling Engineering, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
This position is responsible for performing detailed engineering design on a variety of engineering tasks with little supervision; performing engineering tasks as a member of the design team on multiple small to medium sized projects with a moderate level of technical difficulty.
- Applying sound engineering knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of project assignments·
- Interacting with customers and venders in an independent nature
- Following system of quality control and checking on all projects assigned
- Maintaining a collaborative spirit in working with other Business Units providing the most optimum project team for projects often using personnel from multiple Business Units
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university
- 2-5 years of work experience in the pipeline industry or at least 3 years of work experience in a related industry
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information