Sr. Construction Manager-LG Energy
Holland, MI 49422 US
Title: Senior Electrical Construction Manager
How will you contribute to the team?
· Plans, organizes, and directs activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
· Confers with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
· Supports with project delivery strategies.
· Schedules the project in logical steps and budgets time required to meet deadlines.
· Coordinates the project procurement, selection of contractors and assists with contract paperwork and management of changes.
· Coordinates QA/QC quality control plans.
· Coordinates safety management plans.
· Coordinates the building permit process and compliance with codes.
· Directs weekly construction meetings.
· Prepares daily/weekly/monthly progress reports.
· Reviews contractor applications for payment and recommends payment to client.
· Creates and monitors cost reports for the client.
· Coordinates punch list preparation and project close-out.
· Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
· Complexity - Work involves conventional practice but may include a variety of complex features.
· Decision-Making - Most assignments are performed on one’s own. Makes decisions on technical problems and methods. Receives approval on proposed plans for projects and general direction as to results expected or on unusual problems.
· Work direction given to others - Supervises, gives work direction to, and/or reviews the work of junior technical staff and/or others who assist in specific assignments.
· Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field, plus four years relevant experience.
· Korean Bilingual preferred
· Must have state construction supervisor’s license, 30-hour training in OSHA safety requirements, and CMAA.
· Must have ability to navigate Web-based construction management software (often provided by the client).
· Must have experience with setting meetings, organizing agendas, and keeping minutes for projects records.
· Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
· Must be highly articulate, have clear and logical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities.
· Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Andrea Edwards is a committed Technical Recruiter specializing in the Utilities Division at Sterling. With 2 years of impactful service in the recruitment field, Andrea's passion lies in guiding individuals to discover their forever careers, whether they are embarking on their professional journey or are seasoned senior-level professionals.
In her role as a Technical Recruiter, Andrea brings a deep understanding of the Utilities Division to her work, allowing her to expertly connect candidates with roles that align with their career goals and aspirations. Her commitment to understanding each candidate's unique path positions her as a trusted partner in their professional endeavors.
What Andrea enjoys most about her work is the opportunity to have meaningful conversations with people, whether they are just starting in their careers or are senior-level professionals. She derives immense satisfaction from helping individuals find roles that resonate with their goals and lead them toward their forever careers.
Andrea's advice to job seekers is rooted in authenticity and confidence. She understands that interviews can be daunting but encourages candidates to be themselves and show confidence. Andrea firmly believes that authenticity and self-assuredness can leave a lasting impression and play a pivotal role in securing opportunities.