Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 110000 YEAR true
Sr. Civil Engineer
Downers Grove, IL 60515 US
2022-02-18 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Civil Engineering Job Number: Na1094541011 Compensation: 110000
The Senior Civil Engineer is as a member of the engineering design team and works alongside a group of individuals to provide civil engineering services within a dedicated design team. A design professional, accountable for producing accurate design and construction documents for our multi-site clients and supporting other team members in achieving team goals.
- Prepares complete, accurate and code compliant construction documents.
- Perform civil engineering design calculations and prepare engineering reports.
- Responsible for maintaining project schedules, deadlines and commitments for all projects.
- Coordinates work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Possesses a working knowledge of engineering and building codes and ADA requirements.
- Conducts project due diligence with municipalities to determine local zoning, engineering, and building code requirements.
- Accountable for resolving plan review comments from code officials.
- Project liaison to code officials, outside consultants, suppliers, and contractors regarding questions to the construction documents.
- Oversees staff engineers, designers and/or CAD technicians
- Complete technical applications and secure permits.
- A Professional Engineer with a 4-year degree in Architecture, Engineering, or equivalent; 6 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles, practices, and advanced techniques.
- Expertise in drawings, specifications, and building materials.
- Capable of completing complicated and difficult engineering assignments on large, complex projects with minimal supervision.
- Experience in multi-site projects preferred.