Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 100000 YEAR true
Sr. Civil Engineer
Chicago, IL 60601 US
2023-02-24 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Civil Engineering Job Number: CG959428322 Compensation: 100000
Sterling is hiring a Sr. Civil Engineer to join their team as a Direct Hire employee. This role is local to Chicago, IL and will be on-site.
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
As a contract employee of Sterling Engineering, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
- Act as part of a project team consisting of professional engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of all facets of civil engineering.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of civil engineering related issues.
- Act as a team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of civil engineering work.
- Prepare, review and/or approve proposals, contracts or cost estimates.
- Negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with sub-consultants, and clients.
- Perform and/or oversee designs for underground and overhead powers installations.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Interface with vendors to prepare materials and equipment purchase specifications for client recommendations.
- Research available equipment and proven pre-engineered systems to utilize for the execution of required project designs.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Degree required from ABET accredited institution
- Professional Engineering License in IL with the ability to get reciprocity in other states as required
- 10+ years of experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/ or MicroStation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Civil3D
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Knowledge of Power Distribution
- Construction experience.
- Exposure to Passport and CEGIS/TED
- Surveying experience
- Must be willing to comply with all pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification, education and employment verification, and background screening
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information