Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 48.00 HOUR true
Software Engineer II
Fort Worth, TX 76177 US
2023-02-21 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Software Engineer Job Number: JR632422829 Compensation: 48.00
Position: Software Engineer
Location: Ft Worth, TX 76177
I am looking for a Software Engineer with 2+ years of professional work experience with C++ and Python or Rust along with a BS degree in Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering. in this role, the ideal candidate will want to learn data analytics, have more in depth experience with IoT as it applies to digital industry, manufacturing and analytics.
In this role, you will
- Design and implement the assigned software components.
- Design and deploy systems in operations.
- Work with the team to create technical solutions for control systems.
- Collaborate with the team for architecture of the platform, devise a roadmap for evolving the current platform toward the future, and work directly with engineers to drive the implementation.
- Assess the value of new technologies.
- Create and update documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, software engineering, from an ABET accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with relevant software development Python and Rust (or C++) fluency and familiarity
- Writing clean, readable, and reusable Python and Rust code.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding of multi-threading code.
- Experience with CLI programming
- Unix / Linux platforms performing as functional embedded systems.
- Create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Develop in a Cloud architecture environment – AWS ideally, Docker, CICD tools including GIT and SVN.
- Strong troubleshooting, critical thinking, and root cause identification skills.
- Above-average analytical, conceptual, and troubleshooting abilities
Overview: Sterling Engineering / Staffing has a rich history (50+ years) of delivering top talent to our clients. We are a nationwide Staffing Firm with over 200 clients and works primarily with Fortune, 50, Fortune 100, Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 corporations.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.