Software Engineer (Python/C++/Rust)
Fort Worth, TX 76177 US
Location: Forth Worth TX
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the assigned software components.
- Work with the team to create solutions to the most important and meaningful technical problems as they relate to control systems.
- Collaborate with others to craft a vision for the architecture of the platform, devise a roadmap for evolving the current platform toward the future, and working directly with engineers to drive the implementation.
- Assess the value of new technologies.
- Make programming documentation and refresh existing documentation
- Reports to the Director of Artificial Intelligence and works closely with the different engineering group to deploy practical and highly functional systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering, software engineering, from an ABET accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with relevant software development.
- Python and Rust (or C++) fluency.
- Skill for writing clean, readable, and reusable Python and Rust code.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding of multi-threading code.
- Knowledge/experience with CLI programming
- Knowledge and experience with Unix/Linux platforms performing as functional embedded systems
- Knowledge or experience writing code that is fast and optimized for processing and calculating large amounts of data
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Experience developing in Cloud architecture environment
- Knowledge or experience developing and deploying with Docker
- Familiarity and exposure developing in AWS cloud environment.
- Strong critical thinking and root cause identification skills.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Above-average analytical, conceptual, and troubleshooting abilities
- Strong foundation in version control
- Understanding of CI/CD Tools Including GIT/SVN
- Solid encounters working in Agile/Scrum Methodology
- Ability to work well in ambiguous situations
- Strong inter-relational abilities permitting viable and coordinated effort with developers, operations, and business