Position: Software Engineering Manager
Location: Grayslake, IL 60030 onsite daily
I am looking for a Software Engineering Manager that is passionate about leading and mentoring development teams! The ideal candidate will have strong technical background in PHP and Laravel programming, combined with effective leadership skills. Will have development, coding, testing, and debugging applications experience. In this role you will manage all the activities of the software development team, setting goals for each member and keeping on task for deliverables.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the Development team in design, development and set goals to ensure project delivery.
- Define project scope, timelines, and resource allocation.
- Be a mentor and provide guidance to the Development Team and ensure they adhere to development standards.
- Make sure that the team is adhering to software development methodologies and best practices.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather project requirements.
- Identify training and skill development needs for the team.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Management or Lead experience over development teams
- Technical Development Background / Laravel programming / PHP, MySQL database and AWS Software deployment / Linux Operating systems - LAMP
- Bachelor of Computer Science, engineering, or a related field
Overview: Sterling Engineering / Staffing has a rich history of delivering top talent to our clients. We are a nationwide Staffing Firm that has been in business for over 54 years. With over 200 currently active clients, Sterling works within the Automation, Energy, Facilities, Hospitality, Information Technology, Food, Logistics/Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Packaging, Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals, Engineering and R&D industries.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.