Set up operator - 3rd shift
Des Plaines, IL 60016 US
- Reporting to the Production Manager, the Setup Operator will assume responsibility for production setup, operation, and troubleshooting within an assigned shift area. The Setup Operator's key duties include the installation and removal of injection molds and tooling, machine process optimization, problem diagnosis, and repair in collaboration with team members, as well as addressing quality and production issues. Additional tasks may be assigned as needed.
- Install and remove injection molds and tooling across machines ranging from 17 to 400 tons.
- Load machine cycles from memory and troubleshoot processes when necessary.
- Execute material changes, including operating material grinders, loaders, and filters.
- Proficiency in operating and setting up equipment such as thermolators, sprue pickers, conveyors, dryers, grinders, and other auxiliary devices as required.
- Optimize machine processes to enhance product quality and reduce cycle times.
- Operate lift trucks and fork trucks.
- Take responsibility for maintaining quality control during the assigned shift.
- Possess knowledge of plastic materials used in injection molding for proper machine operation and drying.
- Package finished products, apply appropriate labels, and apply date coding to boxes.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping practices and adhere to all safety rules.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is a requirement.
- Adherence to ITW Appliance Components ISO Procedures.
- Collaborate with other departments, including Engineering, Mold Repair, and Machine Maintenance, as needed.
- Previous experience in a Plastics Manufacturing Environment is advantageous.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Strong proficiency in reading, writing, and communicating in English.