Senior Test Development Engineer
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 US
Title: Senior Test Development Engineer
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL - Potential for hybrid work in the future
Duration and hire type: Direct Hire or Contract-to-Hire (Candidate Preference)
As a Senior Test Development Engineer your role will focus on performing engineering services to test solutions and products across a wide range of industries. You will work on a collaborative, cross-functional team within manufacturing, product development, and product commercialization. This role is in a fast paced environment with changing tasks and priorities while working with unique devices and technologies from surgical devices and health monitors to warehouse robotics and space products.
Key Job Elements:
- Providing service for test solutions, including repair and maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware and software problems.
- Update and release test solution hardware, software, and design documentation to accommodate engineering change orders.
- Perform Incremental test solution verification and validation and update associated documentation.
- Install new test solutions and provide operator training.
- Provide support during manufacturing process validation.
- Proactively report status to stakeholders in an accurate and concise manner.
- Respond positively to changes in task scope and priority to ensure Plexus remains agile and highly focused on customer needs.
- 3-7 years of related experience
- Strong understanding of electrical hardware, circuitry, how it all works together
- Test exposure/experience > manufacturing or product development
- Programming: C++, C#, Python, Etc. Understanding of how syntax works
- Proven capability to learn a new language(s) as needed
- Professional experience with LabVIEW, TestStand, MATLAB, PyLab_Works, or similar virtual instrument (VI) programs is a plus
- 3 or more years of hands on work, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for internal team and external client communication
BS degree in Engineering required. A Bachelor's degree in electrical/computer engineering preferred with hardware/software knowledge.
Overview: Sterling Engineering / Staffing has a rich history of delivering top talent to our clients. We are a nationwide Staffing Firm with over 100 clients and works primarily with Fortune 1000 corporations.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.