Senior Software Engineer
Franklin, WI 60626 US
- Develop or contribute to the development of architecture design, software specifications, project schedules, task and project completion time estimates, and test plans.
- Develop, debug, and support microcontroller programs using C on a Texas Instruments DSP processor platform.
- Participate in Agile Scrum meetings and reviewing peers’ source code.
- Work with product managers and software architects to ensure product designs meet the requirements of the market.
- Work with application engineers to resolve software related customer issues.
- Work collaboratively with software and testing engineers to deliver reliable, mission critical embedded software.
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) architecture applied knowledge.
- Electric grid automation and/or control for utility applications
- Data Acquisition and Processing in industrial controls
- Demonstrated knowledge of the design, coding, testing, verification, validation, and support of embedded microprocessor code for industrial controllers, preferably for electric utility grid distribution automation.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or Computer Science or demonstrated equivalent. MS degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Experience developing, debugging, and supporting DSP and microcontroller programs using C on a real-time embedded processor platform; Texas Instruments DSP processor platform experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to write robust, maintainable, and extensible code using C coding standard.
- Experience using National Instruments test hardware and applications is preferred. Relay Protection experience is a plus.