Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 190000 YEAR true
Senior Purchasing Manager
Chicago, IL 60629 US
2023-03-29 2023-04-29 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Supply Chain Job Number: Rd746608315 Compensation: 190000
Title: Senior Purchasing Manager
Location: Cicero, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- Reporting to the Director of Procurement, the Senior Purchasing Manager will be responsible for managing and refining the existing purchasing strategies, policies and procedures in place. In this role you’ll oversee the purchase and management of ingredients/commodity categories to include sugar, corn syrup, vegetable oils, cocoa/chocolate, dairy powders, gum base ingredients, flavors and colors. Experience in commodity purchasing required.
- Manage procurement processes and plans to maximize commodity buying efficiency and minimize risk.
- Evaluate and draft proposals to manage contracts and negotiations
- Study market trends in efforts to identify any risks when sourcing and procuring commodities
- Maintain good relationships with commodity suppliers and distributors
- Evaluate market conditions in order to maintain inventory levels and control costs
- Successfully collaborates with other departments especially supply chain, quality, data management, sales and marketing
- Ability to communicate and gain alignment for the new purchasing strategies with Purchasing Director and Senior leadership.
- Experience negotiating ocean freight, barge, rail and truck logistics
- Familiarity with managing packaging purchasing categories highly preferred
- Strategically drive cost saving projects through to completion
- This role is hands on. Ideal candidate will be able to be strategic and complete administrative tasks
- 10+ year’s experience in Purchasing, including Ingredients and Packaging experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA and/or CPM highly preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency is required, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with pivot tables and vlookups is preferred.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.