Senior Production Engineer
Schaumburg, IL 60195 US
- Develop and implement new products, equipment, and technologies.
- Develop capital plans to upgrade / improve existing processes and equipment.
- Support molding technician development by assisting with troubleshooting, training, and problem resolution on the manufacturing floor.
- Support FDA compliancy by adherence to regulatory requirements, and Sunstar policies and procedures.
- Assist in revising or developing new processes and procedures where beneficial.
- Write and execute process and equipment validations and reports, and work with QA and regulatory to obtain appropriate approvals.
- Develop new and refine existing injection molding processing parameters to optimize part quality and enhance production.
- Examine and analyze day-to-day operating activities seeking out areas of improvement; define, promote, automate where feasible, and implement resolution. Monitor and report results.
- Investigate and eliminate equipment failures.
- Provide engineering support of Production departments.
- Provide links between marketing, NPD, production, and sales.
- Work with maintenance department for implementation of maintenance programs.
- Generate and assist in development of engineering plans and designs required for cost reduction, process, and equipment improvements.
- Generate and assist in the investigation and analysis of new materials.
- Prepare, assist, and conduct engineering, computations, and prototype of equipment and new products.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Metallurgical, or Plastics Engineering is preferred.
- 10 years of injection molding experience that includes processing of plastics, part design, mold design, and plastic part failure analysis.
- Familiarity with scientific molding / decoupled molding principles, RJG Technology, and Multi-shot molding processes considered a plus.
- Knowledge of injection molding equipment consisting of molding machines, robots, and automation
- Medical device experience required.
- Ability to manage and complete projects on a timely basis.
- Ability to coordinate and partner with other departments to achieve results.
- Ability to lead project or project tasks and clearly communicate status, technical data, subsequent action, and timeline to team members and senior management.