Senior Processing Manager
Goodyear, AZ 85338 US
- The Senior Processing Manager plays a pivotal role in the efficient oversight of our round-the-clock processing operations based in Goodyear. Leading a team that encompasses departmental supervisors and processing operators across various functions like kitting, batching, receiving, filtration, and pasteurization, this role is instrumental in driving results through the implementation of standardized processes, encouraging innovative thinking, and fostering a decentralized command environment. The focus here is on continuous improvement, emphasizing the elimination of issues rather than mere fixes. This key position ensures the seamless flow of dairy operations across the site while nurturing a modern and collaborative work culture for our workforce.
- Assume responsibility for the comprehensive training and development of the entire staff.
- Cultivate a culture deeply committed to zero losses through the standardization and elimination of losses.
- Lead and manage plant operations within the processing department while supervising strategic projects, initiatives, and programs.
- Be accountable for the performance of the processing department and work towards implementing Key Performance Indicators across the department.
- Daily review of inventories and production plans in coordination with our dairy planner and scheduling manager, aligning schedule demands with staff and product movement personnel.
- Act as a sponsor for key capital and commercialization projects relevant to the processing department.
- Conduct comprehensive reviews of all nonconforming products or ingredients in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Continuously monitor the processing department during shifts and ensure employee compliance with GMP’s, sanitation, and safety guidelines.
- Collaborate closely with our Maintenance Manager to ensure all equipment remains in optimal working condition.
- Develop and manage the department's budget within financial targets.
- Supervise team members in a 24/7 operational setting.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in aseptic or ESL manufacturing, with a preference for the dairy industry.
- Self-motivated and committed to continuous improvement on a daily basis.
- Proficient knowledge of regulatory food requirements, including PMO, PCQI, FSMA.
- Demonstrated experience in direct interactions with FDA/USDA and/or other Federal/State regulatory agencies.
- Proven track record in managing operations within a 24/7 environment with both upstream (Producers) and downstream (Packaging and Supply Chain) customers.
- A strong orientation towards continuous improvement, including expertise in root cause analysis, strategic planning, Lean, or TPM principles.
- Ability to meet production schedules while adapting to shifting priorities.
- Understanding of the chemistry behind cleaning and CIP/COP programs.