Senior Civil Engineer (REMOTE)
Downers Grove, IL 60515 US
Sterling Engineering is a nation-wide recruiting firm specialized in placing top technical talent. We have partnered with a well-known Civil Engineering firm on bringing in a Senior Level Civil Engineer to join the growing team.
Title: Sr. Civil Engineer
Location: Fully Remote
Types of Projects: Specialize in Hospitality/Restaurant Industry
Salary: 100-130k base
Overview of Role:
- Possesses a working knowledge of engineering and building codes and ADA requirements.
- Conducts project due diligence with municipalities to determine local zoning, engineering, and building code requirements.
- Accountable for resolving plan review comments from code officials.
- Project liaison to code officials, outside consultants, suppliers, and contractors regarding questions to the construction documents.
- Oversees staff engineers, designers and/or CAD technicians
What Is Needed?
- A Professional Engineer with a 4-year degree in Architecture, Engineering, or equivalent; 6 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles, practices, and advanced techniques.
- Expertise in drawings, specifications, and building materials.
- AutoCad a must, Civil 3D preferred
Meet Your Recruiter
Erik Butzen is a skilled and compassionate Senior Recruiter passionate about empowering individuals to advance in their careers. With two years of dedicated service at Sterling, Erik has already significantly impacted the organization's talent acquisition efforts.
Having honed his expertise over five years in the field of recruiting, Erik possesses a deep understanding of the industry's intricacies. His journey began with the desire to assist individuals in finding opportunities that would propel their professional growth forward.
As a Senior Recruiter, Erik takes great pride in his ability to help people make meaningful advancements in their careers. Whether it's guiding a candidate through the interview process, providing valuable insights into the job market, or matching the right talent with the perfect role, Erik is committed to positively impacting the lives of those he interacts with.
One of Erik's most valuable pieces of advice to both hiring managers and fellow recruiters is to ask a lot of questions. Understanding the needs and expectations of both candidates and employers is essential to finding the best fit for both parties.