Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 80000 YEAR true
Scientist - Mass Spec
Piscataway, NJ 60616 US
2023-03-20 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Chemist/ Lab Job Number: Na904522311 Compensation: 80000
VISA SPONSORSHIP NOT AVAILABLE
We are seeking a highly motivated, well-organized, and detail-oriented scientist who can work effectively in a fast-paced and multi-disciplinary environment. The position is in the ARD laboratory of Kashiv’s Piscataway facility in NJ. The Scientist Mass Spec and Characterization will be responsible for development of LC-MS methods for protein characterization along with other analytical tools involving HPLCs and UV Spectrophotometry. Additional responsibilities include support of method transfer to QC laboratories when required and liaising with CROs and other R&D labs of Kashiv BioSciences. Basic LC-MS and HPLC operation experience is required. Experience with sequence elucidation of protein using LC-MS/MS is desired. The candidate must have experience authoring SOPs and technical reports and should be able to collaborate laboratories for method and data transfer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of LC-MS methods and workflow for sequence elucidation and identification of sites of chemical modification in the sequence.
- Development of chromatography methods for quantification of related impurities.
- Development and routine testing on FTIR, DSC, CD, Fluorescence etc. (Spectroscopic methods).
- Support sample testing as necessary for various stages of biosimilar development.
- Provide technical inputs to team members with respect to HPLC/UPLC troubleshooting, method development, method validation, etc.
- Ensure adherence to highest quality and efficiency standards in laboratory operations (cGLP, cGMP).
- Develop, optimize, and validate new chromatography methods using literature references and scientific principles.
- Implement and when necessary, optimize compendial test methods.
- Independently write experiment summaries, development reports, technical reports, operation and test method procedure documents, and review documents comprising, but not limited to standard operating procedures, standard test methods, validation protocols and reports, etc.
- Foster morale and teamwork.
- Minimum B.S. degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biophysical/biochemical sciences, pharmaceutical sciences with 10 years industry experience
- Or Master’s Degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology with 5-7 years industry experience
- Or Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology with 2-3 years’ experience
- A strong theoretical understanding and experience in protein chemistry and biochemistry
- Experience with operation of LC-MS, HPLC and UV techniques is required
- Experience with HPLC methods like peptide mapping, SEC, CEX is required
- Protein sequencing experience is derived
- Familiar with ICH guidelines and USP/EP pharmacopeia requirements
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Experience in method development, as well as method qualification/verification/validation in a GLP/GMP environment
- Strong experience in analytical method development and validation
- Demonstrated skills as a team-player.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to multitask technical responsibilities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is required
- Proficiency with the following software is required: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with Mass Spectrophotometer is required
- Experience with Empower and/or ChemStation HPLC software programs is required
- Experience with any or all of the following is considered advantageous: spectroscopy (UV-Vis, CD, and fluorescence), mass spectrometry, DOE software, strong knowledge of statistics
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
General Work Environment:
- Laboratory and controlled cleanroom space.
- Cleanroom gowning required.
- Standard noise levels expected with laboratory and manufacturing equipment.
- Extended periods of standing and walking while working in the manufacturing areas
- No special requirements
- High paced demanding environment to meet manufacturing schedules
- Travel as per need basis will be required, as part of method transfers or troubleshooting at manufacturing/QC sites.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: No