Atlanta, GA 30303 US
Title: Scheduler (P6)
Location: Georgia, United States
(3 days remote, 2 days in the office) all expenses for travel will be compensated for. Travel will be local to Georgia.
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Contract to hire
As a contract employee of Sterling Engineering, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
How will you contribute to the team?
• Support the project team and stakeholders in managing schedules for successful project delivery.
• Work directly with schedulers from various general contractors and design-build teams to monitor schedule risk.
• Maintain overall milestone program and ensure milestone definitions are written and agreed upon by stakeholders.
• Coordinate scope with project team/trades.
• Create detailed schedules (pull-plans) that support project milestones.
• Determine reasonable schedule logic and constraints based on discussions with task owners and/or teams.
• Evaluate critical and near critical path activity sequencing and facilitate review sessions with all stakeholders.
• Create schedule reports and analyze indicators created in accordance with the project execution plan.
• Identify major milestones, critical approvals, and long lead procurement items.
• Assess actual progress based on site inspections and validate the contractors’ approach to measuring and reporting against the schedule. • Identify schedule changes, gaps, and trends while proactively working through issues with stakeholders.
What will you contribute?
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, quantity surveying, or related experience.
• 5+ years of P6 experience in medium to large-sized construction projects.
• Previous experience in a leadership role. Large capital construction project experience preferred.
• Experience managing semi-conductor base build project schedules preferred.
• Certification with AACE, PMI or CMAA is preferred.