Cicero, IL 60629 US
- The Sanitation Supervisor holds the responsibility of overseeing the 3rd shift Sanitation team and ensuring strict adherence to all current Food Safety standards throughout the facility. This role involves assigning daily tasks, enforcing policies and procedures, and suggesting enhancements in sanitation methods, equipment, procedures, and working conditions.
- Lead and guide all hourly bargaining unit Sanitation employees in the execution of the sanitation program, including effective communication, training, and enforcement of company philosophy, policies, and expectations.
- Ensure strict compliance with GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), safety standards, and housekeeping guidelines.
- Effectively communicate any sanitation-related issues to the Sanitation Manager or relevant levels of management within the organization.
- Assist in maintaining the Sanitation program (HACCP, Allergen, etc.) for various products, ensuring compliance with customer, government, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) regulations.
- Accurately complete all sanitation-related paperwork in accordance with government, industry, and food safety practices.
- Develop and mentor a proficient Sanitation team through the application of performance management processes and tools.
- Ensure the proper handling of all sanitation-related chemicals used in the plant.
- Foster a positive working environment for all team members, promoting continuous improvement, upholding company philosophy and policies, and treating every individual with equality and respect.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Sanitation Supervisor in a unionized food manufacturing environment (a college degree in a related field is preferred).
- Proficiency in GMPs, HACCP, Allergens, and SQF.
- Flexibility to work any assigned shift, including weekends and overtime as required.
- Knowledge of food manufacturing and sanitation processes, procedures, and technology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and a demonstrated capacity to make sound business decisions.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word, as well as experience with ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, etc.).
- Successful completion of a post-offer physical, drug test, and background check.