Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 73000 YEAR true
Mount Pleasant, WI 53176 US
2023-01-19 2023-05-01 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Applications / Sales Job Number: Ca751073117 Compensation: 73000
Title: Sales Engineer
Location: MT Pleasant, WI area
Hire Type: Direct Hire
Benefits: Profit Sharing (5%)
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Please note, this role is heavier on the engineering side than the sales side.
- Formulates and creates descriptive line-item quotations based on standard unit costs and meets with engineering to establish one-time-engineering design hour estimates to meet the requirements of the proposal.
- Defines all the detailed machine and product detailed specifications once an order is imminent.
- Supports Outside Sales Representatives in establishing, developing, and managing new leads by participating and networking at the major trade industry conferences and/or exhibitions while promoting the company’s capabilities.
- Conceptualizes the proposed machinery process for all business inquiries which may entail the development of new products.
- Meets with customers to discuss, refine, and ultimately sell the proposed machinery process layout(s) and offer other product and process enhancements/alternatives that would make the overall project/sale feasible not only for the client but also for the Company.
- Meets with the engineering design review team to discuss, refine, and ultimately sell the proposed machinery process layout(s) and offer other product and process enhancements/alternatives that would make the overall project/sale feasible not only for the client but also for the Company.
- Meets with customer to negotiate contract price and terms and conditions of sale.
- Creates timeline schedule and final revised detailed quotation once internal and external negotiations are completed.
- Selects and develops specifications for any new commercial OEM vendors that would be part of a new proposal for a customer.
- Creates, quotes, manages, and coordinates customer driven commercial or schedule driven changes with the engineering and production departments via a formal engineering change request (ECR) process and customer change orders.
- Packaging or general engineering background required
- 0-5 years’ experience, open to someone entry-level with an engineering degree or someone more experienced
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information