West Columbia, SC 29172 US
- The Safety Manager plays a crucial role in directing EHSS programs. This position focuses on establishing and implementing occupational health and safety management systems, promoting a culture of safety, and ensuring compliance with legal and corporate policies. As a member of the senior management team, the EHSS Manager contributes to cross-functional efforts to achieve organizational goals.
- Lead the development and implementation of a robust occupational health and safety management program to foster an injury-free work environment.
- Champion a safety culture with a strong emphasis on a zero-accident mentality.
- Collaboratively manage the return-to-work program and workers' compensation claims for work-related injuries involving employees, working closely with HR and managers.
- Develop, integrate, and manage written safety programs, policies, and procedures in line with legal requirements and corporate policies.
- Cultivate a strong relationship and facilitate an employee-led, behavior-based safety process within a team-based environment.
- Desired experience in the Food and Beverage industry.
- Lead Health, Safety & Environmental Train-the-Trainer programs.
- Conduct regular safety audits, identify workplace hazards, and evaluate solutions to minimize or eliminate risks. This includes spending time in a manufacturing environment.
- Research federal, state, and local regulations to define existing and forthcoming legal obligations and requirements related to EHSS programs and policies.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement in all safety aspects.
- Bachelor's degree in Safety or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of comprehensive safety experience, with a strong background in a manufacturing environment.