Safety Health & Environmental Manager ( Waterloo Iowa)
Waterloo, IA 60604 US
- Provide the leadership and direction to coordinate, develop, implement, and enforce and ensure compliance OSHA and Company policies, especially critical policies & procedures at site.
- Conduct safety inspections and accident reports identifying root cause and ensure implementation of corrective actions.
- Maintain a standardized record keeping system for all accidents with review and follow-up.
- Work cooperatively with federal, state, and local agencies to ensure company compliance with safety codes.
- Assist in preparation, editing, and publication of safety education bulletins, guides, courses of study pamphlets, audio/visual and other materials.
- Maintain SDS requirements.
- Direct and oversee Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Safety Topic training.
- Play key role in all walk-thru inspections of facility.
- Direct and oversee New Hire Safety orientation.
- Management or all waste – coordination with vendors, maintaining documentation, and scheduling pickup.
- Ensure environmental record keeping is properly maintained.
- Implements and sustains visual management process. This includes the Safety, Quality, Delivery visuals, 5S department organization and maintenance of the production scheduling board.
- Oversees the plant operations and scheduling to ensure company initiatives, procedures, processes, and programs are implemented and followed by all plant personnel.
- Establishes strong relationships with customers and resolves customer inquiries and problems.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the Plant Manager or Director of Health and Safety.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience of progressively increasing responsibility in production management.
- 3+ years as a SHE/EHS leader in a manufacturing environment. Railcar Repair industry experience strongly preferred.
Meet Your Recruiter
Kellie Miller is a dedicated Technical Recruiter specializing in the Commercial Division. With a commendable 6-year career in recruitment, Kellie's passion for building meaningful connections with candidates sets her apart in the talent acquisition landscape.
As a Technical Recruiter in the Commercial Division, Kellie's understanding of industry intricacies empowers her to expertly connect candidates with positions that align with their experiences, skills, and aspirations. Her commitment to assessing qualifications and understanding each candidate's unique journeys and goals makes her a trusted partner in their career endeavors.
What Kellie enjoys most about her role is the art of connecting with people. She derives immense satisfaction from building relationships with candidates, delving into their experiences, exploring their skill sets, and uncovering their aspirations. Her genuine interest in each candidate's professional journey is the cornerstone of her approach.
Kellie's advice to job seekers reflects her dedication to thorough preparation. She encourages candidates to invest time in comprehensive research before applying or interviewing. This includes understanding the company, digging into the specifics of the role they're applying for, and critically assessing their skills and experiences. Kellie believes that such preparation allows candidates to showcase their qualifications effectively and demonstrates their genuine interest in the position.