Safety Engineer - PSM
Sergeant Bluff, IA 51054 US
Title: Safety Engineer
Location: Sergeant Bluff, IA
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- Directs risk assessments techniques to include Process Hazards Analysis (PHA), Semi-Quantitative Risk Assessment, Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Leads, facilitates, or participates in site incident investigations to determine root causes of incidents, especially those that are considered PSM in nature.
- Routinely audits all PSM elements to ensure compliance and identify improvements and best practices. Identifies/secures necessary resources needed to assist in ensuring PSM compliance.
- Develops and implements management systems, procedures and process improvements as needed to ensure continuous improvement in all OSHA, PSM, and EPA RMP regulations in conjunction with corporate standards.
- Degree in engineering or other related technical degree; 5-7 years of process safety experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Thorough PSM/RMP knowledge and experience with federal/state/ local environmental and safety regulations highly preferred.
- Experience in PHAs and Facility Siting
- Experience in incident investigation, including root cause analysis.
- Knowledge of the MOC/Pre-Startup Safety Review process
- Familiarity with Safety Integrity Level (SIL) analysis and Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information