Downers Grove, IL 60515 US
- Assist the Maintenance department in maintaining and troubleshooting installed Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), including documentation updates, test procedures, critical work reviews, and recommendations for spare parts.
- Plan and oversee completion of all SIS testing in alignment with defined proof test intervals, incorporating both online and offline equipment testing during outages.
- Participate in investigations and assessments of SIS events, analyzing failures, demands, and spurious trips.
- Track and evaluate SIS reliability using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and recommend improvements.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert during HAZOPs, analyzing Independent Protection Layers (IPLs) and providing recommendations.
- Lead Functional Safety Assessments (FSAs) for new and existing SIS, ensuring compliance and efficiency.
- Update and manage SIS documentation, including Safety Requirements Specification (SRS), I&E drawings, and validation and proof tests.
- Participate in SIS-related audits, including Mechanical Integrity, Process Safety Management (PSM), and insurance risk assessments.
- Engineer small-scale SIS efforts, manage design, support construction, and update PSI documentation.
- Apply instrumentation and SIS expertise to all job functions involving instruments, logic solves, and final elements.
- Develop, review, approve, and update proof test procedures for installed SIS and evaluate test results.
- Participate in Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPAs) for new and modified SIS, ensuring comprehensive safety measures.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
- 5 years of industrial instrumentation experience.
- 3 years of process industry experience, preferably in refining.
- 2 years of Safety Instrumented Systems experience.
- Active 3rd party SIS certification (CFSE or CFSP from exida or FS Engineer from TÜV) preferred; must be obtained within 12 months of hire.
- Experience with Distributed Control Systems (DCS).
Meet Your Recruiter
Kellie Miller is a dedicated Technical Recruiter specializing in the Commercial Division. With a commendable 6-year career in recruitment, Kellie's passion for building meaningful connections with candidates sets her apart in the talent acquisition landscape.
As a Technical Recruiter in the Commercial Division, Kellie's understanding of industry intricacies empowers her to expertly connect candidates with positions that align with their experiences, skills, and aspirations. Her commitment to assessing qualifications and understanding each candidate's unique journeys and goals makes her a trusted partner in their career endeavors.
What Kellie enjoys most about her role is the art of connecting with people. She derives immense satisfaction from building relationships with candidates, delving into their experiences, exploring their skill sets, and uncovering their aspirations. Her genuine interest in each candidate's professional journey is the cornerstone of her approach.
Kellie's advice to job seekers reflects her dedication to thorough preparation. She encourages candidates to invest time in comprehensive research before applying or interviewing. This includes understanding the company, digging into the specifics of the role they're applying for, and critically assessing their skills and experiences. Kellie believes that such preparation allows candidates to showcase their qualifications effectively and demonstrates their genuine interest in the position.