SEC Financial Reporting Analyst
Deerfield, IL 60015 US
- Prepare and review financial statements, footnotes, and other required disclosures in accordance with SEC regulations (e.g., Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and SEC reporting guidelines.
- Monitor changes in SEC regulations and accounting standards to ensure accurate and up-to-date reporting.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to gather relevant financial data and supporting documentation for SEC filings.
- Conduct research and analysis to resolve complex accounting and reporting issues.
- Analyze financial data to identify trends, anomalies, and potential errors.
- Perform data validation and reconciliation to ensure accuracy and consistency of financial information.
- Collaborate with internal teams to obtain necessary information and resolve discrepancies.
- Assist in the preparation of financial schedules and exhibits for SEC filings.
- Develop and implement effective disclosure controls and procedures to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial reporting.
- Monitor and enhance internal controls related to SEC reporting processes.
- Identify control gaps and propose solutions to mitigate risks and improve efficiencies.
- Work closely with internal audit and external auditors during the audit process.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Finance, Legal, and Investor Relations, to gather relevant information and ensure consistency in messaging.
- Assist in preparing presentations and materials for senior management, board meetings, and investor conferences.
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders regarding SEC filings and financial disclosures.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, automation, and streamlining of SEC reporting activities.
- Propose and implement enhancements to reporting templates, systems, and workflows.
- Stay abreast of emerging accounting pronouncements and SEC rule changes to proactively address their impact on financial reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. CPA certification is preferred.
- Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Experience in SEC reporting and financial analysis, preferably within a publicly traded company or public accounting firm.
- Proficiency in financial reporting systems and tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with acute attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex financial information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Word.
Meet Your Recruiter
Erik Butzen is a skilled and compassionate Senior Recruiter passionate about empowering individuals to advance in their careers. With two years of dedicated service at Sterling, Erik has already significantly impacted the organization's talent acquisition efforts.
Having honed his expertise over five years in the field of recruiting, Erik possesses a deep understanding of the industry's intricacies. His journey began with the desire to assist individuals in finding opportunities that would propel their professional growth forward.
As a Senior Recruiter, Erik takes great pride in his ability to help people make meaningful advancements in their careers. Whether it's guiding a candidate through the interview process, providing valuable insights into the job market, or matching the right talent with the perfect role, Erik is committed to positively impacting the lives of those he interacts with.
One of Erik's most valuable pieces of advice to both hiring managers and fellow recruiters is to ask a lot of questions. Understanding the needs and expectations of both candidates and employers is essential to finding the best fit for both parties.