Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 90000 YEAR true
Alsip, IL 60803 US
2023-03-03 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Project Management Job Number: Dj76131631 Compensation: 90000
Title: Resident Engineer
Location: Alsip, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire - 80k-100k per year depending on experience.
This position reports to the Director – PM& E, from whom it receives regular direction and specific assignments. The Resident Engineer works very closely and on a daily basis with PM&E’s Project Managers. His/her key responsibilities are:
• Monitor and supervise construction of buildings.
• Supervise contractors installing process equipment.
• Monitor cost and progress of construction and prepare progress reports.
This position involves 80-90% travel, including overseas.
• Monitors the actual building construction and equipment installation of work onsite.
• Supervises contractors to ensure they follow all design engineering specifications and documents.
• Issues a weekly progress report to the Project Manager.
• Monitors quality of contractor work and schedule.
• Reports to Project Managers in a timely manner of any issues that may arise in the field that needs decision.
• Checks contractor work for completion and provides a “punch list” of items needing remediation.
• Issues a final construction report.
• Bachelor’s degree in a major branch of engineering is beneficial but not required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the construction of medium size industrial buildings and process equipment installation.
• Computer literate to include word processing, spreadsheet, and scheduling.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.