Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 55.00 HOUR true
Reliability Engineer (Pharma Equipment)
North Chicago, IL 60064 US
2023-02-16 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Quality Engineering Job Number: Jr568757127 Compensation: 55.00
Title: Reliability Engineer (Pharma Equipment)
Location: North Chicago, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Long-term Contract
As a contract employee of Sterling Engineering, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
General duties will include testing and overseeing the care and maintenance of all production equipment and GMP utilities, as well as performing extensive and complex repairs on existing equipment. The Reliability Engineer will support all major capital projects that on-board new equipment. In addition, this person will be responsible for ensuring that all applicable equipment is placed in a compliant preventative maintenance system.
- Oversee the reliability programs for all production equipment and production control systems in a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant.
- Drive the implementation of reliability engineering practices and programs in the plant.
- Design and implement maintenance procedures and support maintenance management systems (i.e. CMMS) to assure compliance with fundamental maintenance standards and practices.
- Support metrology program to insure reliability of critical instrumentation.
- Responsible for owning preventative maintenance SOPs and updating as applicable.
- Design equipment/fixtures with deliverables that are aligned with the requirements of the manufacturing process stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the development team on new product introductions on the design and sourcing of custom equipment - focused on specifying of equipment.
- Obtain an in-depth knowledge of our existing manufacturing processes to enable cost reduction opportunities.
- Develop, analyze and review a variety of operational reports to examine equipment usage, preventative maintenance, efficiency, quality, and other areas implement operational changes as required.
- Generate and manage a detailed Project Plan that ensures equipment/fixture solutions are implemented into the manufacturing area in an effective & timely fashion.
- Support capital projects (including installation, commissioning, validation, and other related on-boarding activities).
- Authoring User Requirement Specifications, Functional Requirement Specifications, Design and equipment specifications.
- Ensuring all applicable equipment is placed in a compliant preventative maintenance system.
- Oversee the reliability programs for all production equipment and production control systems in the plant.
- Support continuous improvement efforts, particularly related to minimizing equipment downtime.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience as an Equipment Reliability Engineer (in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment preferred).
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information