Regional Controls Enginer
Augusta, GA 30906 US
- Program using the full range of Rockwell software PLC products, including FTView, RSLogix, RSLinx, and other comparable HMI and ladder logic programs, such as Siemens and GE Fanuc/Cimplicity.
- Troubleshoot equipment links between the PLC and Motor Control Centers (MCC), including variable frequency drives (VFD) using hard-wire and network communications including Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet, ProfiNet and other legacy communication protocols.
- Troubleshoot network systems, switches, and cabling.
- Experience with server based software HMI systems with thick clients and thin clients.
- Independently manage work requests from numerous plant sites, prioritize, and provide first class customer service, with the customer being the plants.
- Provide written operating procedures as required, as well as weekly update reports on project progress
- Five-plus (5+) years’ experience in PLC programming
- Thorough knowledge of chemical/industrial plant instrumentation.
- Working knowledge of applicable regulatory codes including NEC, NFPA, etc.
- Knowledge of power distribution systems and electrical safety practices including Arc/Flash safety and LOTO.
- Plant experience as a controls engineer or instrument technician.
- Experience with electrical panel layout, wiring, and AutoCad.
Meet Your Recruiter
Ashley Schmitt is a dedicated and experienced Senior Recruiting Team Lead passionate about empowering individuals through career opportunities. With an impressive track record of 8 years at Sterling, she has significantly impacted the organization's talent acquisition and development strategies.
With a remarkable 12-year career in the field of recruiting, Ashley has garnered a deep understanding of the industry's dynamics and trends. She has witnessed the ever-changing job market and thrived in guiding people through its complexities. For Ashley, the most rewarding aspect of recruitment is finding people roles that can genuinely improve their professional lives.
As a Senior Recruiting Team Lead, Ashley's leadership abilities shine through as she leads her team to excel in their roles. She believes in fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment where all team member's strengths are recognized and utilized to achieve collective success.
Advice for candidates from Ashley: “Reflect on your skill sets and what makes you happy, be realistic about your strengths and weaknesses. Strengthen your online presence and always be networking!”