Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 49500 YEAR true
Quality Technician_3rd shift
Summit, IL 60501 US
2023-03-17 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Quality Inspection Job Number: Rd278595316 Compensation: 49500
Title: Quality Technician
Location: Summit, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- Performs routine and non-routine tests on in-process samples, finished product, ingredients, and manufacturing supplies. Maintains, troubleshoots and does minor repairs on laboratory apparatus. Inputs data in computer for a variety of reports.
- Performs routine and non-routine tests on in-process samples, finished product, ingredients and manufacturing supplies.
- Performs special tests and projects related to the operation as required.
- Uses, maintains, troubleshoots and does minor repairs on standard laboratory apparatus for performing routine and non-routine analyses. Observes Good Laboratory Practices when performing analyses.
- Compares test results and disseminates information as required.
- Enters data in to computer for the purpose of maintaining a permanent record of all finished analyses, out-of-specification reports, and end-of-the-month reports.
- Compares test results with current specifications and advises supervisory and production personnel of problems and/or out-of-code situations. Makes recommendations as to the cause and resolution of problems.
- Evaluates results and independently ensure accuracy before alerting supervisory or production personnel.
- Works with production on solutions to problems, including audit of quality performance by operators.
- Maintains high standard of cleanliness and housekeeping in the laboratory work area.
- Involved in various activities with food safety.
- This position is also responsible for food safety and quality. Provides support to the plant's GMP, and Food Safety programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience with production processes and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of QC and QA processes. Some experience in laboratory equipment.
- Windows and Microsoft suite products. Working knowledge in other software programs is desirable including SAP.
- Certifications in GFSI, FSMA, or HAACP are helpful but not required.
- Safety and Security Observes safety and security procedures, Reports potentially unsafe conditions, and Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Initiative volunteers readily, Seek increased responsibilities, and ask for and offer help when needed. Ability to manage multiple priorities to achieve needed results.
- Judgment Exhibits sound and accurate judgment, Including appropriate people in the decision-making process.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.